Date#1: He’s a 30 year old Indian, an IT entrepreneur but I don’t really get what he does. It sounded fancy. He’s not tall but not terribly short. He’s quite dark, had flecks of grey and a cut in his eyebrow just like brother does. We met at a wine bar for a quick drink before our respective plans for the night.
- Really well dressed! Shocking but true! pressed white shirt, black woolen scarf and dark grey jacket with black lapels.
- Studied and lived in Europe and the US i.e. not your typical Indian man abroad
- Funny, slagged me off loads, not that I want men to slag me off but hey it’s better than not having anything to talk about
- Lived in country x for 4 years but doesn’t speak the language
- Seems the sort of Indian dude who doesn’t date Indian girls
- He doesn’t seem to have any hobbies or interests – this really bothers me
- He’s lived in California but ordered the pinot grigio. We all know that is the armpit of wines!
I know what you’re thinking, how did I peel myself away from the “Great Dane” as he has come to be known among us to go outside and on a date (believe you me he has done well to deserve that title). Well he was flying back to Copenhagen the same night so we said our goodbyes in the afternoon. The 13 hours prior were even better than my new year’s eve with him and more adventurous than most of escapades. I even went out to get groceries to make him breakfast and I have never done that before.
We couldn’t stop kissing, we were both were grinning ear to ear and you would too if you were us. “I’ll see you when I see you”
Neither of us seemed to mind.
(P.S. We had had a drink at a bar and I had this overwhelming urge to take a picture of the two of us together. I didn’t act on it and in hindsight I really wish I had.)